Welcome, respect and support all people as unique individuals.
Inspired by the vision of Jesus Christ, St Paul’s Parish School is a welcoming, respectful and inclusive community that fosters the optimal growth and wellbeing of each person. Through our pursuit of excellence in holistic education, all are empowered to grow as life long learners and as the people we are called and gifted to be.
Our vision calls us to:
- Welcome, respect and support all people as unique individuals.
- Nurture growth in faith and spirituality through the experience of daily life and learning in our community.
- Expect all to give, and to achieve, their best.
- Promote an ethos of care for the health and wellbeing of individuals, our parish school community and our environment.
- Build trusting, respectful relationships as the foundation for effective teaching and learning, and for growth in knowledge and appreciation of self and others.
- Provide a rich and challenging curriculum that empowers each child for life and future learning within a complex, global community.
- Achieve optimal standards in teaching and learning, and in the leadership and resources needed to support them.
- Develop authentic partnership between home, school and the wider community based on open communication and a shared commitment to the wellbeing of all.
- Be reflective and innovative in recognising and responding to the evolving needs of people.
Enactment of School Vision and Philosophy
In all documents, in all practice by students and teachers, in work with the School Board and the community, in all teaching and learning programs, in all school initiatives, in all internal and external interactions, in all organisational structures and practices the vision of the school will sit at the centre and there will be expectations about all work aligning with the school vision. Regular evaluation processes will be in place to measure performance in all areas of the school with respect to the implementation of the vision and values of the school.
The process at our school can be represented as the vision, catholic values and beliefs at the centre. In an outer ring there will be a set of principles. As a further outer ring will be a set of practices. A detailed list of school policies sits within this framework. In all work in the school, the question “Is this work or process in line with the school vision, catholic values and beliefs?” This question will be a fundamental part of the practice of all leaders in the school.