I hope you all stayed warm on such a cold and blustery weekend.
With only 4 weeks left of the Term it is clear everyone is suffering stage 4 fatigue. Please know that we will get through this time together, with the hope of Spring, decreasing Covid numbers and school holidays not far away.
What’s coming up
- An online SRC Meeting will be held this Friday 28 August. All reps will receive an invitation to join the meet at 12.30
- Online PSG’s will be held next Monday and Tuesday - bookings are currently open to make appointments
- Online Parent Teacher Interviews will be held in the last week of school. Prep - 2 on 16 September, and Yr 3 - 6 on 17 September. An email with booking information will be sent on Friday.
- Wednesday 16 September, will be our usual Specialist Day.
- Thursday 17 September we will be celebrating Grandparents/ Special People Day. A Liturgy and activities will be shared with all families in place of the regular classroom activities to be completed on this day.
- Friday 18 September will be a Pupil Free Day with OSH Club available for any families who require care. All staff will be working off site on this day.
- Year 6 students and their teachers are currently planning an online Assembly! Shhhhhhh! It's a secret!
Parent Teacher Interviews
This the first time we will be doing our parent teacher interviews online, something we are all getting used to.
The capacity to report specifically on student learning during a long period of remote learning will be limited. For this reason all conferences will be limited to 10 minutes and will focus on three points for discussion.
- What have you learnt about your child’s learning during this time?
- Teacher to provide feedback on academic progress, based on work handed in during remote learning and on assessments at the end of Term 2.
- Goals for Term 4.
It is important that the interview time is not used to discuss the specific difficulties or challenges that arose during remote learning. Rather, this is a time to reflect on what you know about your child’s learning, receive feedback and set goals. Please come to the google meet prepared to discuss these points (bring notes) which will provide opportunities for your child’s learning into the future.
St Paul’s Spoonsville is gathering numbers. The pot will be at the front gate all week.
Share What You Are Doing
I know there are lots of things happening in your homes to support each other. As a community it would be great to share these. They could include home based activities, games or some easy recipes. If you have anything you or your children would be willing to share please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will share them in our Monday newsletters or updates. Photos would be great!
Amanda Moore shared this photo of her helping out the neighbour by walking the dog.
Making the most of Remote Learning
- Please ensure your child attends their google meet sessions
- Children are asked to be appropriately dressed (no pj’s), not eating or drinking, have the resources ready, and be organised to make the most of the time with their teacher
- Please contact your child’s teacher if your child is struggling in any way with their work or wellbeing
- Encourage your child to watch the instructional videos prepared by the teachers before beginning a task
- Check in with your child during the day to ensure they are completing the work to the best of their ability and reading the feedback provided
- If tasks are taking too long, or your child needs a break, please listen to them and let the teacher know. Everyone needs a mental health day now and then.
- Your child’s wellbeing and mental health is much more important than completing every task every day!
Fee statements were emailed on Thursday 20 August.
When we are clearer about when the current restrictions end and what implications this has for Term Four I will work with our School Board to look at what changes need to be made to fees and levies this year and in 2021. In the meantime if the new restrictions have added to your financial pressure and you require assistance please email email@example.com so that I can assist you in responding to your needs. All correspondence is confidential.
Again my best wishes and gratitude to each of you.
We've had a lot of fun playing games chosen by the children. One of their favourites is a game called Hiyaki which is similar to 40/40. Indoor small ball games and playground play are among the activities they love.
St Paul's Oshclub Bentleigh.
Phone: 0402 617 747